Lean Six Sigma Master Black BeltAugust 21 – 25 and September 18 – 22, 2017
Learn how to develop a long-term system of continuous improvement and align improvement efforts with your organization's top priorities.
|Date(s)||August 21 – 25 and September 18 – 22, 2017|
|Time(s)||8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm Friday|
|Instructor(s)||Forrest Breyfogle III|
Early Registration Fee (ends August 1, 2017): $7,000
Software Needed: Minitab 17**
Fee Includes: Breakfast, lunch, refreshments, project coaching from the instructor, verification of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) earned, instructional materials, and the following reference texts:
To attain full course Continuing Education Credits (CEU's) through the University of Texas at Austin and Lean Six Sigma Certification from Smarter Solutions, each participant must complete the following:
These requirements demonstrate a working knowledge of the subject matter and ability to effectively apply the materials. These abilities align with our vision to deliver world-class continuing education, go above and beyond other nationally recognized "certification" requirements, and promote our core values and standards of excellence; Learning, Discovery, Freedom, Responsibility, Leadership, and Individual Opportunity.
Smarter Solutions will provide its Lean Six Sigma certification after satisfactory completion of the classroom training and the application-of-concepts project. Additionally, this course aligns with the IASSC/ASQ body of knowledge and prepares students effectively for materials covered in accredited tests for nationally recognized certification. Should students wish to pursue a third party certification at an additional cost, please refer to IASSC or ASQ website for instructions.
The University of Texas at Austin
Peter O'Donnell, Jr. Building (POB)
201 E 24th St.
Austin, TX 78712
Map and Directions
|Frequency||This is a recurring course! Please contact your Program Coordinator, Lauren Salinas, for tentative future dates.|
This two-week course is for experienced Lean Six Sigma Black Belts who want to take their career beyond being an improvement project leader. The curriculum focuses on imparting leadership and change management skills geared towards successfully leading, coaching, and guiding enterprise-level system implementations well beyond the scope of traditional Lean Six Sigma projects. Participants explore how to use advanced DMAIC tools, communicate better with differing personality types, lead change through advocacy, and navigate complex financial and organizational issues within their company.
With a focus on enhancing management techniques needed for enterprise-level leadership roles, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt candidates master the practical application of advanced statistical and analytical concepts through case studies, data sets derived from real business issues, hands-on exercises, lectures, videos, homework assignments, and graduate-level follow-up projects. New case studies, new examples, and an intensified focus on analytics and team leadership give graduates of this course highly prized, up-to-date skill sets. Whether an improvement project is Lean focused, blended Lean and Six Sigma focused, or purely Six Sigma focused, our comprehensive learning model will give participants the skills they need to lead successfully.
Key Learning Objectives:
- • Develop advanced technical and managerial leadership skills in Lean Six Sigma implementation
- • Build successful and sustainable infrastructure, processes, metrics, and culture for deployment throughout the enterprise
- • Delve into strategies for training colleagues on Lean Six Sigma methods, effectively working with individuals based on their psychological type, and advocating change to executives
- • Learn how to maintain the benefits of Lean Six Sigma as an enterprise-level business system and as a way of business life
Benefits to you:
- Positively impact your organization's performance metrics and bottom line results
- Develop your project execution and change management skills through hands-on activities
- Execute real projects using a detailed DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap
- Receive mentoring on a real improvement project for your organization from an experienced instructor
- Receive reference materials for use after the courses to sustain long-term success
- Comprehend concepts that exceed the ASQ standard body of knowledge
Who should attend:
- This training is designed for business professionals experienced in Lean Six Sigma implementation who have a strong analytical background and are preparing for a career beyond being an improvement project leader. Prior Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training recommended.
- Participants will need Minitab 17 and free Smarter Solutions add-in installed on their computer prior to the commencement of the course. Minitab may purchase at a discounted rate when registering for the course. The Minitab software add-in provided by Smarter Solutions and used during the training enhances the ease and capabilities of performance metric reporting, at both the project and enterprise level.
This course is provided in partnership with:
"It was transformational learning."
"Forrest really knows the real world"
"I can personally attest that Smarter Solutions' Master Black Belt training is an outstanding top notch program. They really focus on providing participants with the training and exposure to a variety of concepts and techniques they need to effectively influence and manage Lean Six Sigma deployments. If you want to play a significant leadership role to effectively influence and focus your resources in areas that will result in bottom line benefits, take this course!"
-Joseph Knecht, VSMPO-Tirus, Vice President / Director - Quality & Continuous Improvement
"Our company sent 6 consultants to Forrest Breyfogle's Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification course. The course was great, it was informative, and I really learned a lot about his IEE methodologies, which will serve me well for the rest of my career!
Additionally, our firm was so impressed by Forrest and his team, that we worked with them to design a customized LSS Master Black Belt overview course. Forrest and his team were flexible, and they integrated all of the concepts we wanted into the course. Since the course was built, we have held 4 courses, internally, training over 30 people, many of which have become Master Black Belts. These course were led by Smarter Solutions' instructors.
Forrest is a forward-thinker developing leading edge solutions for organizations like Integrating Enterprise Excellence. I have been truly impressed with his knowledge of statistics, his problem-solving acumen, and his ability to lead organizations in solving their biggest problems. He is a great speaker, and I would recommend him to any organization wanting to change the way they solve problems and any organizations that wants to increase its competitive advantage
-Mark Singleton, Daugherty, Manager / Senior Business Architect
For a list of local hotels, click here.