Lean Six Sigma Program
The Lean Six Sigma courses offered from The University of Texas at Austin provide participants with comprehensive tools and methods to improve excellence in everyday tasks that will reduce costs, streamline processes, and improve outcomes. The courses take the proven and powerful elements of both Lean and Six Sigma concepts and truly integrate them into an achievable approach that maximizes the strengths of each. The emphasis of the program is on 1) gaining insightful process and product knowledge, 2) achieving maximum efficiency for non-value added activities and 3) developing leaders who focus on generating business growth and breakthrough improvements.
The Lean Six Sigma methodology is taught with an "Integrated Enterprise Excellence" (IEE) system that integrates organization performance metrics with the processes that create them. This approach highlights where to target resources to produce the most benefits for the business as a whole. Participants in our Lean Six Sigma courses learn the details of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology and tools for achieving better, faster, and lower-cost products and processes. Participants learn methods that focus on executing the right activities at the right time to positively impact the company’s bottom line and customer satisfaction.
Participants learn to apply practical statistical and non-statistical concepts through case studies, hands-on exercises, homework assignments, and follow-up assigned projects. As a part of the “Belt” courses, it is expected that participants come with a project in mind so that they can apply their knowledge throughout the course and realize a return on investment for a particular project. Instructors provide effective one-on-one coaching throughout the course, so participants can apply concepts to their current projects. Instructors will provide improvement roadmaps, DMAIC checksheets, and will go beyond the standard Body of Knowledge topics, so participants discover how to wisely integrate the tools into real-life situations. In addition, participants receive reference materials for use after the courses, which support their sustainable application of concepts for long-term success.
Lean Six Sigma Training Courses Available:
Operational Excellence: Beyond Lean Six Sigma and The Balanced Scorecard
- Learn how to solve costly business problems and add real value to organizations by applying the best of Lean Six Sigma with enhanced scorecarding. This training is designed for business professionals or companies who desire an understanding in the foundations of Lean Six Sigma and wish to have enterprise-wide benefits beyond basic improvement projects. No prior Lean Six Sigma training is required.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Learn to implement the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control roadmap to achieve objectives through enhanced Lean and Six Sigma methods. This training is designed for business professionals or companies who desire an understanding in the foundations of Lean Six Sigma and wish to have enterprise-wide benefits beyond basic improvement projects. No prior Lean Six Sigma training is required.
- Learn to tie organizational goals to Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control project steps and practice applicable skills for the role of a process improvement team leader. This course is designed for existing Lean Six Sigma Green Belts who have completed a project and wish to upgrade to a Black Belt. If you have received your Green Belt training from another source, please contact the conference coordinator with your previous training information so we can make sure you are positioned to succeed in this course. Register Now!
- Learn how to develop a long-term system of continuous improvement and align improvement efforts with your organization's top priorities.This training is designed for business professionals experienced in Lean Six Sigma implementation who have a strong analytical background and are preparing for a career beyond being an improvement project leader. Prior Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training recommended. Register Now!
Benefits to you:
- Positively impact your organization’s performance metrics and bottom line results
- Develop your project execution and change management skills through hands-on activities
- Execute real projects using a detailed DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap
- Receive mentoring on a real improvement project for your organization from an experienced instructor
- Receive reference materials for use after the courses to sustain long-term success
- Comprehend concepts that exceed the ASQ standard body of knowledge