Lean Six Sigma Green BeltJuly 16 – 20 and August 20 – 24, 2018
Learn to implement the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control roadmap to achieve objectives through enhanced Lean and Six Sigma methods.
|Date(s)||July 16 – 20 and August 20 – 24, 2018|
|Time(s)||8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Thursday
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Friday
|Instructor(s)||Richard "Ric" Love|
Early Registration Fee (ends May 16, 2018): $4,200
Software Needed: Minitab 18**
Fee Includes: Breakfast, lunch, refreshments, project coaching from the instructor, verification of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) earned, instructional materials, and the following reference texts:
Participants will receive certification after completing coursework and a DMAIC project with accompanying project report.
To attain full course Continuing Education Credits (CEU's) through the University of Texas at Austin and Lean Six Sigma Certification from Smarter Solutions, each participant must complete the following:
These requirements demonstrate a working knowledge of the subject matter and ability to effectively apply the materials. These abilities align with our vision to deliver world-class continuing education, go above and beyond other nationally recognized "certification" requirements, and promote our core values and standards of excellence; Learning, Discovery, Freedom, Responsibility, Leadership, and Individual Opportunity.
Smarter Solutions will provide its Lean Six Sigma certification after satisfactory completion of the classroom training and the application-of-concepts project. Additionally, this course aligns with the IASSC/ASQ body of knowledge and prepares students effectively for materials covered in accredited tests for nationally recognized certification. Should students wish to pursue a third party certification at an additional cost, please refer to IASSC or ASQ website for instructions.
Engineering Education & Research Center Building (EER)
Austin, TX 78712
Map and Directions
|Frequency||This is a recurring course! Please contact your Event Program Coordinator, RaDell Gibbs, for tentative future dates.|
This two-week course provides a firm comprehension of the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt roles and responsibilities as well as the statistical and soft skills needed to wisely implement Lean Six Sigma tools. Participants learn methods that focus on executing the correct activities at the correct time to positively impact the company's bottom line and customer satisfaction. With a focus on developing project execution and change management initiatives, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt candidates learn to apply practical statistical and non-statistical concepts through case studies, hands-on exercises, homework assignments, and follow-up assigned projects.
Upon completion of the course and an initial DMAIC project with coaching from the instructor, participants will be able to manage and lead improvement projects within their current business organization. Participants will also receive certification after successfully completing their project report, which will illustrate the learning objectives mastered in the course. Whether an improvement project is Lean focused, blended Lean and Six Sigma focused, or purely Six Sigma focused, our comprehensive learning model will give participants the skills they need to lead successfully.
Key Learning Objectives:
- In-depth instruction on Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) phases
- Use and integration of 5S, value stream mapping, waste reduction, and other Lean tools within a Lean Six Sigma DMAIC roadmap
- Creation methodology of predictive performance measurements applicable for improvement project execution and the reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Integrated knowledge of training language and tools for the successful implementation of Lean, Six Sigma, and comprehensive Lean Six Sigma methods
Benefits to you:
- Positively impact your organization’s performance metrics and bottom line results
- Develop your project execution and change management skills through hands-on activities
- Execute real projects using a detailed DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap
- Receive mentoring on a real improvement project for your organization from an experienced instructor
- Receive reference materials for use after the courses to sustain long-term success
- Comprehend concepts that exceed the ASQ standard body of knowledge
Who should attend:
- This training is designed for business professionals or companies who desire an understanding in the foundations of Lean Six Sigma and wish to have enterprise-wide benefits beyond basic improvement projects. No prior Lean Six Sigma training is required.
- Participants will need Minitab 18 installed on their computer before the course begins, which they may purchase at a discounted rate when registering for the course. A Minitab software add-in will be provided by Smarter Solutions and used during the training to enhance the ease and capabilities of performance metric reporting, at both the project and enterprise level.
This course is provided in partnership with:
"I can recommend [this training] with a great deal of confidence. I have evaluated many different alternatives and found Smarter Solutions' approach that closely links project selection to the drivers of the business makes the most sense. In addition, their level of expertise is outstanding - in fact, many alternative providers use on the text books written by Forrest Breyfogle, the Principal at Smarter Solutions. Good luck with your endeavor."
-Joseph Knecht - Vice President / Director - Quality & Continuous Improvement
"Smarter Solutions Inc. has more than exceeded my expectations in providing comprehensive training and mentoring for the deployment of a Lean Six Sigma program, the creation of a system that pulls for improvement projects that are truly tied to a business strategy, and the success execution of projects using a detailed roadmap that helps both novice and experienced practitioners."
-Antonio Neri, Vice President - HP Personal Systems Group, Americas Region, Total Customer Experience, Quality and Services
For a list of local hotels, click here.