Introduction to Lithium-ion Battery Thermal Safety and Fire HazardsJanuary 12, 2017
This one-day workshop will address the challenges associated with fire protection, inspection, and investigation of modern battery systems.
The online shopping cart is closed. Please contact Victoria Klimt at email@example.com for more information. Onsite registration will be available.
|Date(s)||January 12, 2017|
|Time(s)||8:30am - 5:00pm|
Registration Fee: $250.00
|Location||The J. Neils Thompson Commons Building
10100 Burnet Road
Austin, TX 78758
The online shopping cart is closed. Please contact Victoria Klimt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This one-day workshop will address the challenges associated with fire protection, inspection, and investigation of modern battery systems. Taught through a combination of lectures and discussion, participants will gain a complete understanding of Engineering science principles applied to characterizing battery systems prior to an accident, during an accident event, and post-accident, including knowledge of battery systems, potential failures, and evolution during an external fire. The theory and current practical engineering methods in relation to battery systems and fire safety will be covered.
The final result of this workshop is real-world knowledge of challenges in the current state of knowledge of protection against fires involving battery systems that you can apply immediately in the workplace.
Topics of the workshop:
- Session 1: Why Batteries Can Burn
- Session 2: Battery Safety
- Session 3: Battery Fire Investigations
- Session 4: Battery Inspections
- Session 5: Burn Demonstrations
Who should attend this program:
- Building Inspectors, Fire Investigators, Fire Protection Engineers, Insurance and Loss Prevention Specialists, Building Managers and Firefighters will benefit from this workshop.
Examples of questions addressed:
- Inspection: What should I look for in battery use? Types of batteries, hazard potential?
- Investigators: What are elements to focus on when batteries have been involved in fire?
- What fire protection codes exist and what tools exist for performance based design?
- Firefighters: What hazards are associated with battery fires (gases, explosions, etc.)? How do I suppress a battery fire?
For a list of local hotels, click here.